31 mai 2012

Melting the ice - Faire fondre la glace


It is finally warm in Switzerland. I am missing a little bit less Australia, even if I am still a bit cold on the evenings or when the wind blows.
The mix of cotton, rayon and linen of my own "Glaciers are Melting" shawl is absolutely perfect for my naked shoulders. Soft, with a great drape, a bit heavy and holding its place beautifully it is adapted to the warming temperature and is still and always a delice to wear. I have tested this shawl for four seasons now (I am counting our freezing cold april as a late winter) and I still love it dearly. My friend Barbara does too. She has been wearing the first Melting Glaciers for more than two years, taking it everywhere with her. Each time I see her whe keeps repeating how much she loves it. If ther was any doubt ever (no) she is absolutely the most knit-worthy person I know!

This is why I am astonished this gem has still only 7 projects on Ravelry. Knitters don't know what they miss.


ps.: It is also a great summer knit: the yarn does not stick to the needle or the fingers.


Il fait enfin beau et chaud en Suisse. Je regrette un peu moins l'Australie, même si j'ai encore un peu froid le soir, ou quand la brise s'en mèle.
Le mélange coton, viscose et lin de mon châle "Glaciers are Melting" est parfait pour des épaules nues. Doux, d'un beau tombé un peu lourd qui tient bien, adapté aux températures plus clémentes, c'est encore et toujours un délice à porter. Je l'ai déjà testé sur quatre saisons (je considère ce mois d'avril glacial comme un hiver tardif), et je l'aime toujours autant. Mon amie Barbara aussi, qui porte régulièrement le premier Glaciers Fondent et l'emporte partout depuis deux ans!! Chaque fois que je la vois elle me répète combien elle aime ce châle. S'il y a jamais eu un doute (non) elle est vraiment digne de recevoir du tricot-main.

Il n'a pourtant pour l'instant que 7 projets sur Ravelry. Les tricoteuses ne savent pas ce qu'elles perdent!

ps.: C'est aussi un projet estival idéal: le fil ne colle ni aux doigts ni aux aiguilles.


Also in my etsy shop - Aussi en vente sur mon shop etsy.

Aucun commentaire: