8 oct. 2007

FO: Rose Thé was its colour



Fil: Twin Color (Lang Yarn) (60% laine, 40% acrylique) 85 m / 50 gr.
Modèle: improvised top-down raglan.
Aiguilles: 5.5 and 4.5 mm circulaires


It is the second sweater I have knit with that yarn. Maybe the third if you add on all the frog-and-reknit I did on both incarnations. It is too big, but I won't frog it again. Partly because I am sick of knitting with this thick cotton, and mostly because it has lost its wonderful colour after the first wash!

Yes, you read well. I washed it in the machine to clean it and maybe shrink it a tiny bit. It was with regular laudry, mostly old clothes that I was totally confident would not blead at all. I should not have betrayed my good separatist habit (white - reddish - blueish colours washed separately). I paid it the hard price. I have now a faded-greyish tea rose sweater.
At least I bought the yarn at a bargain.



Leasons learned:

1.- When knitting a cropped hooded cardigan, if you have a strange feeling that you are knitting for a teenager, stop right now and think: it is lovely. But will I wear it? Admit that even if you are young-looking at your age, your figure deserve a more feminine and mature form and frog imediately. Don't wait until you have knit the damned cardigan twice!

2.- Choose wisely the pattern when knitting with thick cotton yarn. Or avoid knitting with thick cotton yarn for what it's worth.

3.- Always stick to your washing rules. The colour always bleed - even after years of washing - if you give it the opportunity.

4.- Learn to knit non-raglan top-down sweaters. Read your Barbara Walkers from cover to cover and please try other shapes...



ps.: The photos on this post are before-wash.

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

il est très beau

knititch a dit…

before wash the colour is lovely. and i remember some french soap, roger and gallet, that was called rose thé. thanks for your post on my blog. it really amused me. i love that people are honest when they think what you are knitting is a bit much...

Anonyme a dit…

magnifique la forme et la couleur te va drôlement bien. Bravo. Jac

Anonyme a dit…

oups! je crois que j'ai pas tout lu ni tout compris avant de retourner le couteau dans la plaie ;-/
reJac

Anonyme a dit…

Well, the photos are lovely. And inspirational. I finally got myself a copy of the Barbara Walker book!

Anonyme a dit…

as i was reading through your post i kept thinking but this is so pretty. but then found out it was the before washing photo.

don't you just feel like crying when there are fit and color problems.

Anonyme a dit…

oui, superbe ce pull raglan et la technique et la technique est amusante les couleurs sont douce bravo !

Anonyme a dit…

Il est absolument splendide ton Rose Thé, j'aime beaucoup et il te va à ravir, bravo !!

Anonyme a dit…

Splendide...